Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Starting Compensation: $17.00 DOE
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembles equipment such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- Verifies or records identity of patient or donor and converses with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure.
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube or bag.
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
- Pricks finger to draw blood.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of EMR (eClinical Works) Database software and LabDaq, Care360 order processing systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to Email: email@example.com