Capstone Clinic is seeking a Medical Receptionist to join our team! This is a great opportunity/start for someone interested in a future medical billing and coding career.
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Pay/Type: Pay DOE; Non-exempt
Location: Capstone Clinic – Wasilla, AK 99654
- High School or equivalent
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, reliable, well-spoken, and professional in appearance.
- Responsibilities will include payment posting, calling insurances for follow up and/or benefits verification, and more.
- Must be computer proficient as we use an electronic medical records system and most of your work will be done using a computer.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience working in a medical setting (in any capacity).
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Experience: medical billing and coding: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- A waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No
Summary: Schedules appointments with the employer or other employees for clients or customers by mail, phone, or in-person by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Records time and date of appointment in computer or appointment book.
- Records in schedule when appointments have been filled or canceled.
- Telephones or writes clients to remind them of appointments.
- Receives payments for services and records them in computer or ledger. Welcomes clients or customers with appointments.
- Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies.
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation – Exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Conflict Resolution – Encourages open communications; keeps emotions under control. Impact & Influence – Achieves win-win outcomes.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Consultative Selling – Builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs.
- Personal Appearance – Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions ; uses equipment and materials properly.
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Phone: (907) 357-9590 ext. 401