Capstone is seeking 10+ COVID-19 swabbers
to work at the Ted Stevens Airport.
Duration of the position: 2 weeks on/2 weeks off until the job contract is completed.
Shift Hours: 6:30am-6:30pm/ 6:30pm-6:30am
Must be available immediately: Job starts Friday, June 5, 2020.
Summary: Perform a nasopharyngeal swab procedure to collect specimens for lab testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Put on (don) and remove (doff) personal protective equipment (PPE) per company protocol
- Perform nasopharyngeal / nasal or other swab procedure
- Preparation of specimen collection
- Provide education for following preventative practices (proper hygiene, social distancing, and other practices)
- Maintain data in computer applications.
- Sanitization of screening station as per protocol.
- Supervisory Responsibilities. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ethical understanding of patient processes, confidentiality, and personal health information (PHI) data management.
- Knowledge of infection control processes.
- Knowledge of specimen collection principles and practices.
- Skill in customer service
- Skill in attention to detail
- Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to wear required PPE for up to 12 hours per shift (face mask, eye protection, medical gloves, gown, safety vest, etc.)
- Ability to pass a fit test for a respirator based on OSHA laws and compliance standards (facial hair must not interfere with seal of mask)
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum one-year experience in a patient care setting. EMT-B (State or Nationally Registered), or Paramedic, Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical/Vocation Nurse (LPN/LVN), Medical Assistant (MA) from recognized entity preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general computer literacy and proficiency.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
High School Diploma or GED, current CPR certification, active EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-P, LVN, LPN, RN, CNA, CMA, Medical Assistant, Nurse Assistant, Pharmacy Technician certification and/or license.
Other Requirements: Current documentation of applicable certification and/license, current CPR certification, and current health records with the appropriate immunizations to work in the health care field (hepatitis B and tuberculosis). Completion of a satisfactory background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally be required to move. The health screener will be working in a potentially high COVID-19 exposure environment with known and unknown associated health risks. Individuals with underlying health conditions who contract COVID-19 have a greater risk for morbidity and mortality as defined by the Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov) and should consider these risks prior to accepting this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Background Check: Applicants must be able to pass an airport background check.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
Monday to Friday
Company’s website: www.capstoneclinic.com
Work Remotely: No
Please submit resumes to Human Resources
Phone: (907) 357-9590 ext. 401